Adding a top quality wood lathe is always the goal of every woodworker worth their salt. And if they can get their tool at a low price, then the better – there is no crime in grabbing a good deal when it rears its head. But always, make sure quality supersedes the price.
It beats all purposes to get the best wood lathe, but find out that its quality is wanting. A good place to determine if a product is worth the investment is customer’s reviews – getting it from the horse’s mouth as we say. In the following review, we look at one of the top wood lathes on the market right now that you can add to your collection.
The first question you should ask yourself is why one product is better than the other. Is it the packaging? Is it the price? Or is it the quality? Well, Voyager Tool’s wood lathe is one tool where the quality is top notch, and the best of all, you don’t need to overreach on your budget. In other words, the product is favorably-priced.
The wood lathe exceeds industry standards and is tested by professionals before release to the general consumer. It has a simple design and is quite easy to use – some good news for the beginners, and pros, as well. It comes with 1/2HP motor for adequate power when working.
- A top quality wood lathe that exceeds industry standards
- Favorably priced wood lathe. This a product that will not make you overreach on your budget.
- It is professionally tested to make sure it is up to the industry standards. This takes care of the small issues that may emerge along the way.
- The power tool weighs about 60lbs – this is not too much in comparison to the weight of its competitors. In actual sense, you can carry it to wherever you feel like working from.
- Comes with 1/2HP motor, sufficient for the tasks you will be using the lathe on. You can finally turn bowls and plates as is necessary.
- It is suitable for beginners as it has uncomplicated controls and is easy to use.
- It has a sturdy steel construction meaning that it will give you a significant amount of service years – a good thing as no one fancies a machine that will only go a short time.
- You can turn wood from a short length of 24.”
- Comes with pre-drilled holes you can use to attach to a workbench. This increases stability when working and is associated with safety.
- A solid painting that matches with the décor you may have – if you do.
The fact that this wood lathe is professionally tested and exceeds industry standards is a source of safety assurance. Any small issues that may supposedly be a risk are taken care of.
Simplicity is always a good thing where power tools are involved. Mostly, this machine is pretty easy to use – no challenges in that aspect.
You will have to be careful when using this wood lathe as ha some sharp edges. The corners are not well-rounded and considering the weight; it may actually cause some serious injury.
But like with most tools, you need to exercise safety measures when using this wood lathe. Make sure to use the pre-drilled holes you will find to secure the machine to a workbench – this enhances safety by increasing its stability.
Some of these safety precautions include
- Wearing a face shield or safety goggles
- Wear a dust mask when sanding – some of the wood may be treated with some chemicals to keep pests and insects out.
- Working in a sufficiently ventilated area
- Make sure that all fittings and clamps are tightly in place and there is adequate space for moving.
- Ensure to use both hands to hold the pieces firmly against the tool rest.
- The lathe does not come with base legs like some of its competitors.
- The machine is not easy to set up for some people.
- It is not available in a variety of colors or models – you have no flexibility in choice.
- The parts are not readily available. This means that you may need to pack it somewhere and wait when they are available.
Finding the right woodworking lathe for you is not always easy. There are numerous products on the market that may leave you reeling trying to choose between them.
However, this wood lathe would make a great addition to your collection of tools. Having a professionally tested power tool is always a good thing, don’t you think so?